Prioritizing ACKs - QOS

Murus
mikebackup

Prioritizing ACKs - QOS

Postby mikebackup » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:23 pm

I'm using an ADSL connection for VOIP communications through my work VPN so upload bandwidth management is very precious to me.

I have QOS with ACK prioritization setup on my modem/router which handles this gracefully for the whole house with the exception of when I am using my work VPN.

With my workstation's traffic going through my work VPN I lose the ability to prioritise different traffic classes uploading originating from the workstation. Even if I have the highest priority set for my workstation on the router, using VOIP on my workstation can fail when I am also performing a file transfer from the workstation too, as all of this traffic is just seen as VPN traffic to the router.

I'm looking into whether Murus might be able to resolve this. If I configure a pipe to restrict upload bandwidth on my VPN connection, does Murus then automatically perform QOS or would I have to perhaps create some customer rules?

I hope that all makes sense? I'm a father of four and it is VERY early in the morning. :?

hany

Re: Prioritizing ACKs - QOS

Postby hany » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 pm

I'm sorry but no, unfortunately ACK prioritization is not available on Murus.

Return to “Murus”