Nat and VPN

Murus
kidney514

Nat and VPN

Post by kidney514 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:14 am

Can all nat traffic be pass through A VPN?

kidney514

Re: Nat and VPN

Post by kidney514 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm

It would be really appreciated if anyone can assist with problem, I'va been at it for a very long time......
What I'm trying to achieve is quite simple, I have a mac that is the router for the entire house and it routes all the ip device to the internet.

Now what I would like to have all of the outgoing traffic is to go through any VPN. Is that possible?

I have set the WAN interface to UTUN2 and de selected Pass all PAN and the minutes that I connect to the VPN service provider all the IP device on the network loose the internet!

kidney514

Post by kidney514 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Will it be 6 month before I get a response!

TonO

Post by TonO » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 am

Hi Kidney.

I'm not an expert in this area, but noticed your question.
So you've got one point in your house where all traffic towards the internet flows and that's your Mac?
I think that's quite simple: you need to have a VPN-server somewhere to connect to.
There are commercial solutions available that work good: NordVPN, Private Internet Access (PIA) and a lot more.
Just buy/try one of them, install the VPN client and in my opinion, you're connected to a VPN as per your request.
Don't know if that's sufficient, but it's all I can come up with, based on the limited info you've provided.

Please be noted that I've got PIA but that PIA's application seems incompatible with Murus. Not a big deal, you can use other VPN-apps (Openvpn like) that work fine as well.

hany

Post by hany » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Sorry for the late answer, this is somehow off-topic as "passing all traffic through VPN" is macOS option, not Murus option.
This option can be set in System Preferences -> Network -> Your VPN interface.