Quick global ban of IP's from analyzer?

Murus
NEO1

Quick global ban of IP's from analyzer?

Post by NEO1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello

When looking in the visualizer you every now and then see some odd shit like one IP trying to access SSH or VNC or something. Sure, there's the 'brute force adaptive service' that will ban some of these. But wouldn't it be nice if you in the analyzer could right click an IP and just issue a global block of it?

How do you block IP's now? Sorry, maybe in the manual or so easy that I overlooked it.

Thanks

NEO1

Re: Quick global ban of IP's from analyzer?

Post by NEO1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:01 pm

my approach to blocking IP's now have been to create a group where I add them and then add that group under blocked in all services.

But would be nice with a quicker and more global way. There probably is but I haven't figured it out yet. =)

hany

Re: Quick global ban of IP's from analyzer?

Post by hany » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:44 pm

When looking in the visualizer you every now and then see some odd shit like one IP trying to access SSH or VNC or something. Sure, there's the 'brute force adaptive service' that will ban some of these. But wouldn't it be nice if you in the analyzer could right click an IP and just issue a global block of it?
this is a nice feature, we will think about it, thanks :)
It would be easy to add it to current Visualizer with some limits... it would require Murus to be running in order to work.

How do you block IP's now? Sorry, maybe in the manual or so easy that I overlooked it.
There is a Black List. Click the small gear button above the Groups Library to popup a menu, select Black List.
A Black window will appear. This is an utility window an will stay always on top until closed. So create a specific group and add it to the Black List dragging its icon. When you want to totally block an IP just add it to this group.