murus visualizer validation

Murus
baxsc01

murus visualizer validation

Post by baxsc01 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:19 am

For some reason each time I restart my Mac I have to supply my registering email address and key to Murus visualizer. I'd rather not have to do that if possible. Has this been experienced by anyone else? This is version 1.1. I may have found something. When I click "options->about" I see "Murus Logs Visualizer Tryout" in the dialog's title. I have no idea why that's there. I double checked my emails from murusfirewall.com, and followed the download link provided and sure enough it is the same source I originally used to acquire the product. I thought the tryout may be a different download but it would not seem so.

I just want to be able to reboot my Mac and not be pestered by this challenge from the visualizer each and every time I restart.

hany

Re: murus visualizer validation

Post by hany » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:28 am

Sorry, this is the first report of this issue. We have never seen it before.
This can happen for 2 reasons:

1) you failed to click the right button to activate MLV. When starting MLV it looks for your license file. If it does not find it then it pops up the activation window. Here you have to type your license data and click "Activate Murus Logs Visualizer".

2) your /Users/Shared directory has wrong read/write permission. Use a free tool like Onyx to repair privileges and reboot.

You can check if MLV license file is in the right place. Look for .rezilausivsgol file in /Users/Shared. It's a hidden file so you must use shell terminal (ls -a) or tweak your Finder to show it.

baxsc01

Post by baxsc01 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:24 am

Interesting. I have no directory "/users/shared". I have /users/.localized and /users/baxsc01. I looked for hidden files. Murus itself does not issue the challenge after a reboot. Visualizer does. What do I need to do in order to make this go away?

baxsc01

Post by baxsc01 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:27 am

OK, I have to create the directory /users/shared, then go through the challenge and enter the email and ser# and activate and then it puts in a file. Tricky...

hany

Post by hany » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:57 pm

normally you don't have to create this directory, as far as I know all osx versions has it by default

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk