Newbie question: Easiest way to close in+out port?

Murus
davidkelly

Newbie question: Easiest way to close in+out port?

Post by davidkelly » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am

Hi,
Sorry to ask a dumb newbie question... I just need to close a particular TCP port for both inbound and outbound traffic. What's the easiest way to do this with Murus?

(I'm new to the "pf" firewall and have looked at pf "commands" that will close the port, but I can't figure out the easiest way to do this with Murus. I've played with Novice/Intermediate/Expert modes but can't find a straightforward way to do this.)

Thanks very much for guidance...

hany

Re: Newbie question: Easiest way to close in+out port?

Post by hany » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:00 pm

I just need to close a particular TCP port for both inbound and outbound traffic. What's the easiest way to do this with Murus?
it's very easy:

- Start from Murus default configuration, click "Close This Panel" in Strategies view to display Murus Editing View.
- Open services library clicking the BOOK toolbar button and create a custom service using your port.
- Drag this custom service icon from library to both Managed Inbound Services and Managed Outbound Services views.
- Select the service, click the magnifier icon, a new popover view will display; drag group "Everyone" from "Groups Library" to "Blocked Groups". You have to do this in both Inbound and Outbound views.
- Click PLAY in the toolbar

That's it :)

davidkelly

Re: Newbie question: Easiest way to close in+out port?

Post by davidkelly » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks you! Your solution seems to work well...