Load Balancing / Failover ?

Murus
taryn

Load Balancing / Failover ?

Post by taryn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Are either on the roadmap for Murus?

I'm currently using pfSense on an Intel Atom board, but its UI is a terrible mess. I'd love to see something with Mac sensibilities and the power of pf.

It's kind of shameful just how hopelessly unusable Firewall and routing setup tools are.
OpnSense is a little better, than pfsense but not quite ready for production use.
I spent some time with Zeroshell as well, but never came to trust it, and I'd rather be running a BSD derivative in WAN-facing kit, even though Linux has proven out rather well on on the web.

Hany's obviously been cognizant of this for a long time, providing good alternatives to Apple's too-Iimited preference tools, and/or raw configuration. Waterroof was my goto tool in a gateway machine awhile back.

Thanks for the good work.

Davide

Re: Load Balancing / Failover ?

Post by Davide » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 am

thanks very much for the appreciation
by the entire Murus Team

( Hany is currently on summer vacation :D )

Davide

taryn

Re: Load Balancing / Failover ?

Post by taryn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 am

My apologies for not realizing Hany wasn't in this alone. Kudos to all involved.

But what of load balancing and failover? I'm speaking only of the simplest case, redundant WAN connections to a single NAT gateway machine, not server balancing, CARP, and all the web side routing needed for site reliability.

Thanks,
Taryn