Every Murus user should follow these steps when upgrading an existing OS X 10.10 Yosemite to OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Failing to do so may result in PF logging system failure.
1) Upgrade to OS X El Capitan
2) Be sure to download the latest Murus version available (currently 1.3.2)
3) Select "Firewall" menu -> "Boot Scripts" -> "Uninstall Boot Scripts"
4) Click PLAY in Murus toolbar. PF should start (or restart), and a new popover view will appear asking whether to install Boot Scripts or not. Choose to install boot scripts. If the popover view does not appear, then re-install boot scripts from "Firewall" menu -> "Boot Scripts" -> "Install Boot Scripts"
5) Reboot your Mac
6) If you use Murus Logs Visualizer it may be necessary to manually quit it and restart it in order to enable notifications
This procedure is needed in order to upgrade two system files in /etc directory (syslog.conf and newsyslog.conf). These files has been restored to default when upgrading OS X from 10.10 to 10.11. Both files needs to be modified by Murus in order to activate the PF logging system.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:20 pm