Auto restart timer?

Murus
NEO1

Auto restart timer?

Post by NEO1 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Hello

Have had some issues that Murus either hangs and block all incoming traffic or that it blocks just the IP I'm connecting from. can't see anything in the realtime logs or other logs. And, when VPN'ing to work and connecting from there I managed to VNC in to my system. Once inside I stopped and started Murus and after that I could connect from the previously (assumed) blocked IP. So, my question is... Is there any way to set a timer so that Murus restarts every X min/hour/day?

Cheers

hany

Re: Auto restart timer?

Post by hany » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Murus cannot hang or block anything because it is only a front end. PF is the built-in firewall and it is responsible for blocking or passing connections.
If you don't see any log probably you have to tweak your logging policy. Have you enabled adaptive firewall on some services? this may be the reason.
Anyway you can create a shell script to reload PF rules every now and then. It is not related with Murus, just with PF.
To restart PF with Murus rules you have to issue this shell command (needs root privileges):

Code: Select all

/sbin/pfctl -f /etc/murus/murus.conf
You can put a shell script in cron or create a launchd item (you can use Murus' items as examples)

NEO1

Re: Auto restart timer?

Post by NEO1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:06 pm

thanks