MURUS SERVICES 1.0 RELEASED

Murus
hany

MURUS SERVICES 1.0 RELEASED

Post by hany » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Murus Services 1.0 is now available for download at

http://services.murusfirewall.com

Murus Services is free and runs on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite and 10.11 El Capitan.

kmioss

Re: MURUS SERVICES 1.0 RELEASED

Post by kmioss » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Run at system boot does not work for STATIC ROUTES (running on El Capitan 10.11.3)

All I get when clicking on "Run at system boot" are two entries in the system log:

Code: Select all

Feb 28 15:45:47 smr com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (it.murus.murusservice): Unknown key for string: ServiceDescription
Feb 28 15:45:47 smr com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (it.murus.murusservice[33010]): Service exited with abnormal code: 127
/Library/LaunchDaemons/it.murus.serviceroute.plist seems to wrong
1. ServiceDescription keyword is not recognized
2. /etc/serviceroute.sh is missing

--Stefan

Code: Select all

smr:~ smr$ cat /Library/LaunchDaemons/it.murus.serviceroute.plist 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ExitTimeOut</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
	<key>Label</key>
	<string>it.murus.murusservice</string>
	<key>ProgramArguments</key>
	<array>
		<string>/bin/sh</string>
		<string>/etc/serviceroute.sh</string>
	</array>
	<key>RunAtLoad</key>
	<true/>
	<key>ServiceDescription</key>
	<string>Murus Services: starting Static Route</string>
</dict>
</plist>

kmioss

Post by kmioss » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 pm

I guess
/etc/serviceroute.sh
should rather be
/etc/staticroute.sh

--Stefan

fseesink

Post by fseesink » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:38 pm

First, as always, thanks for providing this software. To date when building multi-homed OS X systems, I've had to resort to doing this myself in a similar manner. I keep a .sh script and .plist file which I drop in /Library/LaunchDaemons that I manually edit as needed.

That said, thank you SO Much to kmioss for finding the issue. hany, until you have a chance to patch this, do you recommend

1. Change the one line in /Library/LaunchDaemons/it.murus.serviceroute.plist
From /etc/serviceroute.sh
To /etc/staticroute.sh?

or

2. Change the filename /etc/staticroute.sh to /etc/serviceroute.sh?

I'm guessing #1 as the app itself clearly is storing the static routes in /etc/staticroute.sh, but wanted to ask your take.

hany

Post by hany » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks guys for submitting this bug and its solution (#1 is the best one). And sorry for being late but as you may know we are working at both Murus and Vallum, so we left Services aside for a while.
However...
Here it is Murus Services 1.0.1. Bug should be fixed now. Please try it. I will officially release it when I get some feedback :)

Murus Services 1.0.1 download link:
http://www.murusfirewall.com/downloads/ ... -1.0.1.zip

fseesink

Post by fseesink » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:01 pm

hany,

Perfect timing! Had just finished testing something and was about to post a reply here that neither #1 nor #2 were ideal, as anyone that unchecks the "Run at system boot" checkbox (which removes the /Library/LaunchDaemons/it.murus.serviceroute.plist file), then rechecks that box will find that it.murus.serviceroute.plist was reset back to pointing to the non-existent "/etc/serviceroute.sh". And I had just dug down into the app itself and found if you simply modified

/Applications/Murus Services.app/Contents/Resources/it.murus.serviceroute.plist

this would resolve that. And after installing v1.0.1, I see that's pretty much what you've done, correct?

As far as I can tell, this should work fine now. I've (un)checked the "Run at system boot" and all looks good. Thanks so much for the quick response. I'm glad to have a nice GUI for this one feature now vs. having to manually edit files "under the hood".