Murus Pro 1.3.4 and Visualizer 1.3

Murus
Steenchen

Murus Pro 1.3.4 and Visualizer 1.3

Post by Steenchen » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi there. I just upgraded to Pro 1.3.4 and Visualizer 1.3.
First I wonder how come all the icons in Services Library are black and white but when put in managed services there will get coloured again ?
Next I have a crash in Visualizer every time I want to look up an IP address ! Nothing wrong when I look up a Port number.
Any help appreciated - thank you.
Kind regards
-Steenchen

ps: forgot a log file - coming now below

News:
I've now downgraded to Visualizer 1.2 and kept Murus 1.3.4 and now it works perfect again. This just for your info.
Last edited by Steenchen on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hany

Re: Murus Pro 1.3.4 and Visualizer 1.3

Post by hany » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:06 pm

Murus 1.3.x and Murus Logs Visualizer 1.3 will crash when requesting information for an IP address.
This happens since November, 15 because telize.com has shut down its services. Telize.com was the free on-line service used by Murus to obtain geoip information for a given IP address.

We will release a new Murus and Murus Logs Visualizer version very shortly to correct this issue.

BTW, icons in libraries are now greyscale in order to distinguish them from managed services.

Steenchen

Post by Steenchen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:53 pm

hany wrote:Murus 1.3.x and Murus Logs Visualizer 1.3 will crash when requesting information for an IP address.
This happens since November, 15 because telize.com has shut down its services. Telize.com was the free on-line service used by Murus to obtain geoip information for a given IP address.

We will release a new Murus and Murus Logs Visualizer version very shortly to correct this issue.

BTW, icons in libraries are now greyscale in order to distinguish them from managed services.
Thanks a lot - wondering if telize has closed down the service why I'm able to open IP request using Visualizer 1.2 - but anyways thanks again.

hany

Post by hany » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Murus Logs Visualizer uses three services to display information about an IP Address:

1) your dns server to reverse the domain name (if it exists)
2) whois servers to display whois database information
3) telize.com database display GEOIP data (country and city)

Visualizer 1.2 uses telize.com as well as Visualizer 1.3 and is unable to get these data at the moment. While Visualizer 1.2 simply does not display GEOIP data, Visualizer 1.3 crashes. That's (probably) due to the changes between Swift 1.2 (Visualizer 1.2) and Swift 2.0 (Visualizer 1.3).

We will release Murus Logs Visualizer 1.3.1 very shortly to fix this bug. Stay tuned for this evening or tomorrow :)