Move configuration to a different Mac

Murus
MRSTANG

Move configuration to a different Mac

Post by MRSTANG » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Greetings,
I've been testing Murus Pro and have the settings exactly how I want them.
Now I wish to move this configuration to our Production Mac.
Is there an easy way to move this configuration?
How will it handle the new IP address on the Production Mac?
THanks
LJS

hany

Re: Move configuration to a different Mac

Post by hany » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Hello,
it depends :)
you can simply export Murus configuration from your test Mac then install Murus on your production Mac and import your configuration then enable it/install boot script.
If you hardcoded your test Mac's IP in some custom rule and/or group then you must change it in your production Mac to match the new IP. However PF offers a way to avoid using plain IPs (for local interfaces): you can for example use "(en0)" in place of "en0's IP address" in your pf conf. This is safer when you need to adapt the same conf to different machines.

If you want to deploy only Pf configuration without installing Murus then you have to wait some days, we are releasing Murus 1.4 with a new feature named "Deployment". This new feature allows Murus users to deploy pf configuration on a unlimited number of Macs in one mouse click *without* the need to install Murus (and for free).
You just have to wait a couple of days to test this new feature.

MRSTANG

Re: Move configuration to a different Mac

Post by MRSTANG » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Hany,
So if I understand you correctly as long as I haven't specified any groups Network Interface to a Specific IP address it should transfer without issues.
All my groups Network Interface = all
I don't believe I have any custom rules, is there a way to quickly verify?
Many Thanks
LJS