New to Murus and PF rules

Murus
Volley913

New to Murus and PF rules

Post by Volley913 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi all,
I've been rather unlucky trying to get PF rules to work and an Apple engineer recommend Murus at about the same time I began exploring it. What I am simply trying to do is this:
Essentially;
Block all
allow ip from 128.111.207.0/24 to any in
allow ip from 128.111.206.0/24 to any in
allow ip from 128.111.186.0/24 to any in
Allow all established and related incoming connections

From there I can customize the firewall to allow other services and or open certain ports as needed. I read the manual and know I can tweak incoming, but not outgoing until I purchase the Pro version, but first I was to see a "Proof of concept." Any help and or literature I can research would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

hany

Re: New to Murus and PF rules

Post by hany » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:01 pm

I am simply trying to do is this:
Essentially;
Block all
Murus blocks all inbound connections by default except connections to BASIC SERVICES and DYNAMIC PORTS. However you can remove these 2 services from managed services to block everything.
allow ip from 128.111.207.0/24 to any in
allow ip from 128.111.206.0/24 to any in
allow ip from 128.111.186.0/24 to any in
just create a Murus Group containing these subnets OR create 3 groups, one for each subnet, this is up to you.
Then add this/these group/s to the ALL SERVICES service's allowed groups, as shown in Murus tutorials and manual, to allow all inbound connections only from these subnets.
Allow all established and related incoming connections
Murus by default allows all outbound connections using stateful filtering, thus automatically allowing legit inbound replies to outbound connections.

From there I can customize the firewall to allow other services and or open certain ports as needed. I read the manual and know I can tweak incoming, but not outgoing until I purchase the Pro version, but first I was to see a "Proof of concept." Any help and or literature I can research would be greatly appreciated.
have a look at Murus video tutorials, they are available in-app. Let me know if you have specific questions or if you need more help :)

Thanks

Volley913

Re: New to Murus and PF rules

Post by Volley913 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Thank you. I set up the group and I am on my way! :D