Torrents and ports

Murus
oizo123

Torrents and ports

Post by oizo123 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi!

I was playing around with the settings yesterday and tried to create a config where I don't allow outgoing traffic on all ports.

I run uTorrent on a Macmini with osx El Capitan. I have one port assigned in the settings of uTorrent, lets say port 12345.

I have created a custom uTorrent service with this port in it, tcp/udp just to be sure.

However, even if i allow the standard bittorent ports pre-defined in Murus as well as my custom listening port I get no connections. As soon as I allow all outgoing traffic it starts downloading/uploading.

I have noticed, after "sudo lsof -i | grep uTorrent", that a lot of ports in the higher range are beeing used. If I had to allow that big a range I could as well just let All services be allowed to everyone =)

I think the description of the problem is quite clear, get back to me if you need more details somewhere!

Please advise,
Oizo

oizo123

Re: Torrents and ports

Post by oizo123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 am

Hi again,

No comments at all?

I have been reading up and everything tells me I just have to make sure the listening port is open as well as a range of ports but this range seems to be real extensive when I check my open connections in terminal while using uTorrent.

It results in having to ALLOW all outgoing traffic.

//oizo

Davide

Post by Davide » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:00 am

hi

incoming tcp port is forwarded properly on your router?

if yes, put your custom service in "managed Inbound Services"

i use Transmission and that's all i do

Davide

oizo123

Post by oizo123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:00 am

Hi,

The port is forwarded properly. I'll continue playing around trying to solve the problem. Thanks ayway!