Lost config file when I started the a new Strategy

Murus
Volley913

Lost config file when I started the a new Strategy

Post by Volley913 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi,
I was beginning to document my Murus configuration in our Wiki and started the Intermediate Strategy and it appears it wiped out my existing file with all my hard work. I could not find a way to back out one I started the wizard and am hoping I can restore my original settings somehow. I had thought I saved the config, but cannot seem to find it to restore my settings.
Is this normal that anytime I start the wizard I will lose my configuration?

I tried to import the Murus config file from /etc/murus/ but it was only a 2k file and it did not help. Is there somewhere else I should go to restore my setting back?

I'm dead in the water.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice you may have.
Rob the dufus!!

Davide

Re: Lost config file when I started the a new Strategy

Post by Davide » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:39 am

You saved your configurations in "custom presets" (floppy disk icon)?

Davide

Volley913

Post by Volley913 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Fortunately, I had exported the settings and was able to restore my previous settings. Initial issue was unable to find the export.
Rob

hany

Post by hany » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Using Custom Presets is much better than exporting configuration to files and storing them somewhere :)
Custom Presets are persistent across Murus updates so they are pretty safe. A Custom Preset can also be exported to file so you can actually use both ways. Custom Presets are however much easier to find and to identify (by icon, name or comment).