[Murus Services] Add custom dhcpd config

Murus
mmmpie

[Murus Services] Add custom dhcpd config

Post by mmmpie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:03 am

I need to add some fixed ip addresses to the dhcp server. After a long time screwing about with bootptab files and launch daemon scripts I realized that Murus Services doesn't control the apple dhcp server, but includes it's own, with it's own configuration files.

I was able to edit /usr/local/murus/dhcp/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf and add the fixed ip hosts, and they picked up the new addresses, but when I opened Murus Services it rewrote dhcpd.conf throwing away my changes.

Is there a place where I can put custom dhcpd configuration that Murus won't wipe out if I happen to use it for some reason?
It would be really nice to put it in murusDHCP.plist and have it written out to dhcpd.conf whenever changes are made. But a second config file, say dhcpd.custom.conf would be sufficient.

hany

Re: [Murus Services] Add custom dhcpd config

Post by hany » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

very very interesting
I will let you know asap
Thank You :)

mmmpie

Post by mmmpie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Is Murus Services open source? Thats a project that I could make contributions to (eg: a form for adding static dhcp addresses).

hany

Post by hany » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:07 pm

No, Murus Services is not open source. However it is free, so who knows :) There no "magic" secret technology behind Murus Services, so it may become open one day :)
Thank you !