Murus NAT for dual-WAN?

Murus
mcgurme

Murus NAT for dual-WAN?

Post by mcgurme » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:14 am

I am about to get a second WAN service to my home office because my primary service (Cable) has draconian data caps. Those caps prevent me from doing things like cloud backups. My secondary (DSL) service will be much slower, but has no caps.

I'd like to use the primary WAN for movie downloads and games, and use the secondary WAN for cloud backups and large data transfers to my servers where speed is not essential.

Can the Murus NAT configuration help with this? If possible, I'd use Murus to do a sort of "load balancing" or "spillover" between the two WAN connections, so that I can make sure to not keep exceeding the caps on my primary WAN connection.

This will also give me options if one or the other service is down at any given time.

I picture maybe setting up two VLAN's, each one connected to its own WAN... or something like that...

Any advice on how to get started with this (or whether it's even possible) will be much appreciated!

TIA,
Morgan

mcgurme

Re: Murus NAT for dual-WAN?

Post by mcgurme » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Well, there was no response here.

I did more research, and solved this.

For anyone else looking for this, I found the "Edgerouter Lite" by Ubiquity for < $100USD. I ordered one up and it has been working great for this. Much less hassle than playing guesswork on how to configure PF to do this on my mac.

hany

Re: Murus NAT for dual-WAN?

Post by hany » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:12 pm

PF on macOS can't be used for load balancing.