Impossible installing Vallum 2.1

Vallum application firewall
Steenchen

Impossible installing Vallum 2.1

Post by Steenchen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi there,
Just downloaded new version. Installed it. Mac reboots. Attached pic appear with the spinning ball of death. Nothing to do. Tried once more. Same result . Then I removed old version 2.0 and tried again. Again same result. To completely remove the program I went to Terminal and manually deleted all entries. Installed 2.0 and NOT 2.1 and now It works again. What to do with 2.1 please?
Brgds
-Steenchen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hany

Re: Impossible installing Vallum 2.1

Post by hany » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello
Just downloaded new version. Installed it. Mac reboots. Attached pic appear with the spinning ball of death. Nothing to do. Tried once more. Same result

ok, strange... I have some questions for you
Then I removed old version 2.0 and tried again. Again same result.
that's not clear: if you installed 2.1 how did you remove 2.0? Vallum always overwrites old files. How did you remove it?
To completely remove the program I went to Terminal and manually deleted all entries
that's not the right way to remove Vallum :) You should always use the provided in-app or standalone uninstallers. In your case you could only use the standalone uninstaller, found in Vallum DMG disk image.

Please try this way:
run Vallum 2.0 uninstaller found in Vallum 2.0 DMG disk image, inside directory "Docs & Uninstaller", your Mac will reboot.
Please re-download Vallum 2.1 from vallumfirewall.com and let the DMG mounting verification complete. Then run the installer from within the DMG image and let it finish then reboot your Mac. Vallum 2.1 should work. If you see the popup error, then please do the following checks:

1) open Terminal and type

Code: Select all

kextstat
you should see a (long) list of mounted kernel extensions (kexts). Please identify Vallum kext, it should be it.murus.vallumnke (2.1.0). Please verify if version is correct (2.1.0)

2) open macOS Activity Monitor from Application/Utility folder, then select "View" menu in macOS menu bar and select "All Processes". Then in Activity Monitor window select "CPU" tab, then look at process list and see if "vallumafd" process is running or not.

Please let me know
Thank you

Steenchen

Post by Steenchen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi again,
Thanx for answer. I know it wasn't the right way to remove Vallum but I couldn't start the uninstall program because I received the new version info all times - therefore the Terminal way.
Now when running 2.0 I used the uninstall program and Vallum was removed. Then I installed 2.1 and now NO PROP. I also checked kernel as you wrote and everything works okay now.
Thanx again.
brds
-Steenchen

hany

Post by hany » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Ok, glad to see it works now. I have no idea about the issue you experienced, I'm sorry about that :) Enjoy Vallum! Let us now if you experience any other issue.